At Meligyris Cretan Apiary we continue a long bee farming heritage that dates back to 1920 holding dear to traditional beekeeping methods.
Our hives are spread across the island of Crete and give us a wide range of varietal honey featuring the depth and diversity of the Cretan wild flora. Traditional methods of extraction and collection are used to ensure that the enzymes, protein and natural goodness stay within.
All our honey is raw, unfiltered and cold pressed preserving all the natural health benefits as well as the distinctive aromas and taste of pure Cretan honey.
The unique characteristics of Meligyris artisan honey are strongly connected to the unique ecosystem of the island:
- The mountainous terrain of Crete
- The flora (rare wild herbs and brushwood)
- The microclimate (altitude, sea breeze, warm & dry climatic conditions)
Meligyris Cretan Apiary carries the following certifications:
- IFS Certification (International Food Standard) by TUV NORD for food safety, hygiene, and quality procedures
- FDA Certification
- Certification for not containing pollen from genetically modified plants
To view our certificates please click on the links below:
Woodland, Thyme & Wild Herb Honey (Bio)
Wild Herb & White Thyme Honey
Woodland Heather Honey
Woodland Sage Honey
Pine-tree & Thyme Honey
Oak & Chestnut-tree Honey
Lemon & Orange Blossom Honey
Mr. Manolis Stefanakis, agriculturalist – beekeeper
Member of the scientific community of Greek beekeepers
Cretan Apiary Center “Meligyris”
Follow us on Facebook